Friday, April 3, 2015

Dust Bunnies Be Gone!~~

Hello Fellow Stitchers! This is the time of year that I do my deep cleaning and it started yesterday. Everything in the house was dusted~shelves, knick knacks (commonly known as 'dust collectors') and all the nooks n' crannies, and ceiling fans. Dust Bunnies Be Gone! I usually let them stay for Easter, but this year I decided to try and get a handle on things early. Well, if you are like me, stitching comes first and house work whenever! ya right! 
     Miss Tripp has really got a hold of my heart. She has become my 'Maggie Messmaker'. And Boots is definitely Church's Dog. My husband said this last night and I was like 'come to think of it boots is...' LOL Too funny these furbabies are to us. Here is Miss Tripp trying to get in trouble...

I have been stitching on Maggie the Messmaker for a few weeks now, but I had to put it down to work on a gift for my sister and an exchange partner. Here is the progress I have made...
This picture was March 20th...


And Now...















 It wasn't until I saw the pictures that I realized how much progress had been made. I wish there were more hours in the day and that I had the energy like I used to. Since I can't sit for too long or stand for too long at a time, I stitch for a little while then get up and do something, then sit again. Boy, it is tough getting older, but I try to keep moving. Yesterday, I walked one time around the block which is about 1/4 of a mile. If I hadn't of done so much cleaning I would have walked again. It is a start, and I am thankful for every step that I can take.
     Last year a lady down the street gave me a box of patterns that was from an LNS closing. I never looked in this light house pattern book until the other day. I found a loose pattern inside the book of the very light house where my sister works in Beaufort, SC. The light house is at Hunting Island where we as a family vacationed many times. Patricia, my sister, works at the campgrounds. I can't wait to finish it and present it to her. 
     Miss Tripp was posing for the camera again, so of course I had to stop and take a picture of her too. 





I straightened and organized my craft table and wrapped a lot of floss last month. Here is my Ort Jar and my floss wrappers. The jars are filling up quickly~~now I want to see some finished items to go along with all the floss snippets!


     On the home front~ Jay went to his last disability doctor's appt the other day. I think it went really well. They said we should hear something within 10 business days. The doctor would have the report ready and the Judge will rule on his case. This has been a long process that I never thought I would be going through a second time. My disability did not come easy...I had to really fight to get mine. Jay's is going on three years.
     We announced to several that we will be moving to Colorado when Jay receives his settlement and starts getting benefits. My momma did not know what to say, 'It is Cold there! bbrrrr!' Well, I believe it is just what Jay and I need. I am so excited about the even aspect of moving. I have lived here in Brunswick since 1995. Jay has never traveled west and it will be an adventure for him.
     Miss Tripp and Church were given a new scratch box. they really like the catnip. LOL they go crazy over it. Until next time, be safe and well. Happy Easter! hugs, and happy stitching, Queeny
P.S. - I promise a picture of myself and Boots for the next update!