Sunday, March 8, 2015

March wind is blowing in~~

March wind is blowing in here in SE Georgia. I know there is a lot of snow out there but we haven't seen snow since 1988? somewhere along that year. I was in Houston TX when we had that cold storm. Jay and I both have been sick. I was on antibiotics the first week. Jay is 'toughing it out like a man'...geshe!
     I am thankful for the time change, but it takes a bit for my body to get used to it. Between the fibromyalgia and the seasonal disorder~I can sometimes be 'not a happy camper'. However, there are sunny skies behind the wind, rain, snow and sleet. And ~~
     I have some wonderful news! We adopted two adorable kitties from the humane society~~two more mouths to feed. this is Miss Tripp. We named her that because 'she is a trip'! LOL she is sophisticated, has catitude and loves to talk! She has a long fluffy tale and is part 'maine coon'...so she has fur on her feet and pointy hair on her ears. Love this cat...and she loves for me to talk to her.
Here is Jay, Boots, and Church. Yes we decided to call this cat church because he reminds us so much of our 'church' that past away in september 2014. This is a sweet girl and she is part blue russian. She has tried to run the place already, loves to chase boots around and lets jay hold her~~not me though. She will sleep on me but doesn't want much else to do with me. LOL She is a ribbon winner too! Here is her last halloween's win:




 
I can't remember how long I have been wanting to do this design. It is Forest Chapel by Thomas Kincade. I have just a few stitches in. I have some other new things like the Lesley Anne Ivory Cats. I am waiting for two of the other kits in the mail. This one is Becky on the Hexagon.


I am a new fan of 'Bothy Threads' and would like to have this Noah's Ark design/kit. I have to sell a lot more stuff on ebay to get this one though...they are kind of pricey. If anyone has this pattern and wants to sell it or trade...let me know! 

I purchased Stoney Creeks 'Natural Wonders' Leaflet from ebay and it has 27 designs. I will be stitching the protrait of the 'wolf and cougar.' Here is my start on that:

One week of work. I am a slow stitcher and I didn't rreally get much time in this week. I had doctor's appts. and other things going on. 

 This is the front cover. Lots of good stitching to be done from this book. I found out after purchasing the book that I actually have a kit from the front about extinction. It has all the animals on it. It was purchased a few years ago in a 'lot' and put away in a tote. 


Here is the kit:

I also started working on Charles Wysocki's 'Maggie the Messmaker':


Here is my 2 day start...not much but a good beginning.


And for happy endings...an update on my Hummel UFO from the NeedleTreasures kits:



Be safe in all you do...Remember Jesus Loves you...hugs, and happy stitching, Queeny