Saturday, February 21, 2015

Cleaning and Organizing...

I actually started cleaning and organizing last Thursday. Sometimes one has to make a 'mess' to get things in proper order. I don't know about you but I spend a lot of time going through my stash, taking my time to pick out what I want to work on, but lately I think there is a bit of change in the air. Instead of looking at all the things I want to stitch and start, I have been looking at what is already started and how can I get my focus on a piece to finish it. It is so hard being bi-polar. The ups are UPS and the downs are DOWNS. I should have taken 'before' pics but didn't really think about it. So, come on in to my home and see what is brewing...

I wind my floss on plastic bobbins and use a fine point permanent marker to write the number of the floss on the bobin. I have my floss numbered and in order in the boxes that are clearly marked. I try to have at least two of each color, but I am missing some numbers, not many though. The floss boxes were actually in a cardboard box like this:



and it just kind of got in the way. I am very picky about wanting everything UP off the floors, so I can sweep and mop easily and also so no one trips and falls. We are dizzy people around here! LOL So, I decided to utilize my bookcase that is by the window for computer hardware, games, and floss. Here is the after pic:


 I have some pretty fun games. I want to teach Jay how to play backgammon if he is interested...funny, I have never asked him. I used to be hooked on the game with a girl friend of mine. We could play for hours at a time

Here you can see that I put all my projects in totes that are labeled either by designer or category...all my JJ's are together and my monthly stitch a longs. Then, I put them on the shelf above my craft table...which is actually the bedroom closet with the folding doors taken off. Actually, when Jay painted is when I came up with the idea that there would be more room in the craft/computer room if the table was situated in the closet, but it took some time for Jay to give in to it....LOL Men!!

You can't see it, but the totes are stacked two high....yes that is a lot of projects and kits, and UFO's uugghh the dreaded UFO's. My craft table is a Duncan Fifphe (not sure of  spelling) but anyhow the table was given to my mother, and it was painted black. When she gave it to me in 1997 I stripped it and refinished it with tongue oil. It is my favorite place to sit and relax. I try to keep it neat.


and this is a little table that was taken from the trash pile. I keep the tablecloth over it to hide the totes underneath.




In the master bedroom closet I have a lot of photo boxes that contain my treasures. To the top left you can see the leaflet patterns in magazine holders and to the top right binders that hold mags. I straightened and cleaned this last night. I have all my towels and sheets nicely folded and clothes hanging up.



Some of my clothes were in this armoire and the small craft boxes were in the closet. It wasn't easy to get to, so I put them back in the armoire which is much easier and I will probably utilize them more often. I have rubber stamps, small what nots, ribbon, and small projects in these bins.



So there you have it! I love to talk about organization and actually do it too LOL Putting something into action is sometimes difficult for me to do as I do not do 'change' very well. It will take me a couple of days to get used to all the changes I made over night.;..or really it took a whole week from last thursday. If anyone has any suggestions or comments please feel free to leave a post...I would love to hear from you! 
Hugs, and Happy stitching, Queeny