Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Eggstrodianary!

I hope everyone had a happy Easter. Remembering the atonement of our savior and his death and rising from the dead is what it is all about. I went to church sunday and my husband went with me for the first time. He had never been to the church of Jesus Christ Latter-Day Saints. Jay and I had sacrament and I am so happy to be back involved with our church.
On the stitching front I am working on an Eagle by R.W. Hedge a dimensions Gold Collection kit. It is going really good...not too much frogging or mistakes.
I think this kit is so beautiful. I like eagles and I plan to stitch 'promise of a new day' also. It is an eagle and a rainbow. also a Gold Collection kit. I will have to find a pic of it.
My cream of ort soup can label turned out so good. I had trouble with the wheat leaves around the bottom of the can, but they will do...I ripped them out twice and said 'oh well good enough'.


My ort jar is really getting full. I have had to push down the threads. I want to go up in the attic and find my Christmas balls that open up so you can put them in it. I just love this idea and I can't remember where or when I heard of it the first time.

 'My Little Sunshine is coming along slowly. I need to spend some time on it but I can't seem to put down the eagle. I have some monthly stitch a longs to complete too for april. I am just happy I have been sticking to it and staying focused.
Here is a Gold Collection Kit by James Himsworth called 'Rocky Point'. I have not started it yet as I want to finish the other two...we shall see. I have startitize really bad.
 

 
 
This is Jay and his daughter Brittney when she was about 4 or 5. Brittney is now 23 and working as a pharmacy tech. she actually has two jobs and going to school full time to be a pharmacist. Jay and Brittney had a falling out over 2 years ago and he had not seen or heard from her. when he would call she would hang up the phone. Well, a week ago Friday, he called Brittney and she actually talked to him several different times. She is very busy so they haven't seen each other but will soon. You don't know how many times I prayed and prayed about this. God is so wonderful to soften hearts.



My ort jar is getting full.


This is a Jerimiah Juction Apothecary Shoppe out of the magazine cross country stitching. I am making it for Brittney's birthday in june.

this is progress on Ellen Maurer stroh's Bumble Bee Baby.
After all is said and done I have had a busy month so far stitching. I want to keep everyone posted. comments are appreciated. Hugs, and Happy Stitching, Queeny